Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Weekly email

Hey everyone -

It has been a pretty good week and I have had the opportunity to meet some really cool people. Last Thursday, my companion and I were out tabling in the center and a teen-aged boy comes up to us and asks, "Are you guys from England?" in perfect English. Turns out that he was born and raised in Michigan and just moved back here to Gjakovë with his family last September. He has an equally cool sister. They are 16 and 13 years old, respectively (I think). We have spent a lot of time with them and playing ping pong at the church and hopefully we can keep seeing them! It is always nice to chat with other Americans.

This past Saturday we had yet ANOTHER baptism! It wasn't our investigator though, it was a man who has been taught by the other two elders in Gjakovë. He is the husband of one of the members in our little branch. 

On a completely unrelated note, Spencer won states on Saturday! Congratulations to him and on his undefeated season!

There is a girl in our branch and she is getting married to another member really soon. Because of the wedding, her sister flew in from America with her kids (her husband will come out soon) and they will be here for the next month or so. With this visiting family and the kids from Michigan, we might as well start an English branch out here! Just kidding, but that would be something special.

Aside from those few things, there isn't much else to report on. The weather is getting pretty chilly up here and I really look forward to the first snow fall. We are going to be heading down to Tirana on the 27th for Mission Conference and thanksgiving at the mission home. I am really looking forward to that. 

I guess that is all from me for this week. I love you all and stay safe!

- Elder Allgaier
(Again...going to load pictures as soon as I can. Please check back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment