Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 11, 2013

Hey Everyone - 

I have been getting some emails about where to send packages, so I decided to address the issue on the blog so everyone can see it. Packages can be sent to this address:

Elder Tyler Allgaier
Adriatic South Mission
PO Box 2984
Rruga Qemal Stafa, Vila 1
Perballe Postes Nr. 22
Tirana, Albania

That is the address for regular letters and packages. If you have a special need for a special address, talk to my mom about that and we can work something out. Thank you for thinking of me!

So now for the weekly recap. The beginning of last week started off a little rough because of some safety concerns that we have had here in Kosovo. We were directed to spend most of our time indoors and just to be careful. The 4 Gjakova elders all stayed together for a few days, and during those few days we had some good fun. We did an ab workout program that about destroyed my stomach. 

This past Saturday we had a baptism for 2 of our investigators, a husband and wife. They have come such a long way since the other two elders started teaching them 2 months ago.  My companion and I picked up teaching them about a month ago and they have changed so much since then, as well. Their baptism was held at Hotel Pastriku (the same place as a young woman) and my companion baptized them both. The Prishtina group even came down here for the baptism and it was really good to see them. It's always fun to have more people at a baptism because 1) it shows the new members that they have a large group of people that are happy and support them and 2) we like to see our Prishtina friends. The following day I had the opportunity to give both Mirlind and Vlora the Holy Ghost. It is really hard to describe the feeling that I have when I give someone else a blessing like that in another language. I don't mean to boast at all because I will be the first one to admit that the blessings were far from grammatically correct, but the important part was the gift that they received from God. And I did that correctly. Baptisms like these are amazing because we can see the kingdom of God growing and we get to see people make changes in their lives that make them happier. 

I don't have much else to say because it was a relatively uneventful week (aside from the baptism, of course) so I will end with a shout-out to my brother Spencer. YOU GUYS BETTER GO WIN STATES!!!!!!!

I love you all so much and I appreciate the support you give to my family. I wouldn't be able to be here without you guys. Stay safe!

- Elder Allgaier

No comments:

Post a Comment