Monday, September 16, 2013

This weekend I had my first baptism for a girl named Dafina. Since we don't have baptismal fonts out here, we rented out the pool in a local hotel (hotel Pastriku) and had our baptism in that. It was a really cool experience. I also forgot to tell you all that last Sunday I had the opportunity to be in the circle to ordain Niki and Almir to the Aaronic Priesthood. This was also a really fun and spiritual experience. I remember Andy told me a story about how his first week or two in the country everything sounded like white noise. I could not agree any more with him on that. I have no idea what these people are saying and I struggle to hold a conversation. Luckily for me, the members are forgiving enough and dont get upset when I dont understand them. Yesterday I taught a lesson with the Marku family (their oldest son is Niki) and we taught about enduring to the end. They have a girl who is about 12 years old and I had her read a paragraph out of a pamphlet that I brought. I didnt know that she struggled with reading and it took her a good couple minutes to make it through this paragraph. At the end I told her, "Ne durimi deri në fund për këtë paragraf". That basically means that we endured to the end of that paragraph. I couldn't believe I said that. I meant to tell her that she did a good job enduring to the end and she did well reading, or something like that. Oh well, everyone had a good laugh.

Im gonna write another short letter later today with pictures and stuff so you can add that one to the blog as well. (He ran out of time to write more, but he was able to send some pictures.)

I love you guys! Stay safe!

Love,
Elder Allgaier

A cute little basket this elder used at Nertilli's

A guy hanging outside a window during construction 

A little church I saw on my way to Prishtina

A local butchery

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I had to laugh at his story about enduring to the end (of the paragraph)! I'm glad others got a laugh out of it as well.

    ReplyDelete